So, I'm bored.
Classes start at Seabury today. And I'm feeling a bit like a leftover casserole, here. I'm trying to pray about it, but mostly I would like my life to move on. I'd like to have work that uses more of these skills I've been honing for the last four years. But it's just not going to be that way for a while yet, so I have to find a way to get used to it. But it's kind of boring. I can't go to classes (I could ask, but I'm pretty sure the answer would be "no."), I can't participate in school leadership, and I can't even go to lunch without paying $8. You know, my daily life hasn't changed much in the past three months - I'm living in my own version of Endless Summer. Endless Summer until Halloween? Thanksgiving? Christmas? Beyond...? (Eek.)
Hmm. I just remembered that I had a dream last night that it was snowing. Weird. Hard - blowing big thick flakes. I hope that's a good sign.
I'll try to think of other things to cheer myself up.
It may not be of any comfort to you, but for those of us who are poignantly feeling the loss of last year's seniors, your presence is comforting to us. Though I hope for your sake that change will be quickly forthcoming, for my sake I feel like I've been granted a little extension in still having you here. I will pray that the extension is short, though - for your sake!
ReplyDeletehmmm.but sometimes leftover casserole tastes the best, especially if you throw a little bit more sauce on top and microwave it and throw some tortilla chips on the side. love ya.
ReplyDelete