Monday, September 24, 2007

The new keys

Since I've lost my big ring of keys - complete with grocery store "discount" tags, my beach pass, and a Wooster keychain - I've decided to decrease my future key-loss risk. Now, my house and school keys are on one ring (with the whistle, for some reason), my car key stands alone (with a cross to watch over me or something), and the laundry room key has joined my storeroom padlock key and my (nonfunctional) mailbox key on the ugly old blue plastic Seabury tag. I only had one bike lock key, and so now my (somewhat crappy) bike is stuck with its U-lock until I find a bolt cutter or just donate it somewhere and let someone else deal with the problem.

I like this new key system, though: my keys are so much lighter! They don't clunk into everything. I feel freer, and less like a jailer. Of course, this means if I decide I need to get into my car and I've left my car key upstairs, I have to walk up and get it. And it may also mean that I have more sets of keys to misplace. Hmm. Oh well, I'm going to enjoy the illusion of a problem solved for now

By the way, I went ahead and applied with Trader Joe's! I thought it might be best to leave the "Reverend" off the application. And I have an interview on Thursday morning, so we'll see how that goes. I'm a little unnerved about the idea of getting up in the morning for a 5am shift 20 minutes away... but I do always tell people that I'm a morning person.

3 comments:

  1. Umm, how old is your u-lock? There was a flurry of sensation on the 'net a few years ago about an easy hack for opening those locks.

    Not that I retained knowledge of any method for felonious activity. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very impressed that THE Akma responded to your post, which I have never seen happen before. I see him on campus now and get a warm, happy nostalgiac feeling for first year Greek.

    Technically, I think coming up with different keyrings doesn't actually decrease your chance of losing keys, it just diversifies the risk. But they look like fine keyrings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to try the U-lock trick - it's just a ballpoint pen...

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ka1jgWRPbN4

    ReplyDelete