I got the job at Trader Joe's! It was pretty easy - they're looking for chatty, sociable people to make for an upbeat shopping "adventure." I guess I qualify. I start Tuesday, with three hours of reading to learn about the history and philosophy of the chain. That's cool by me. I'm just so glad to have steady dependable work... which, if I stay 90 days, turns into PPO health insurance with dental!
The funny thing is, just on Tuesday I had a fantastic interview with a small church in the far southwest suburbs. I LOVED these people. They're looking to grow, they have a new building with a circular sanctuary, and they have a lot of energy. It's even a diverse area - I saw African American, Latino, and white students in nearly equal numbers pouring out of the elementary school down the street. It's all malls down there, but you know what, the suburbs aren't all that bad... I could see myself living there. We'll see.
YES! I hope working at Trader Joe's is fun and that a call is just around the corner.
ReplyDeletewell this is all awesome news! it will be great for you to be out meeting people, all with possibilities around the corner!
ReplyDeleteGo Heidi go!!!
ReplyDeleteRemember Heidi, it's SUBURBIA, not SIBERIA! :-)
ReplyDeleteHeids, you totally qualify! I'm happy for you--I love Trader Joe's! Eat some of their chocolate for me. Yum.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the little suburban church! I'm hoping for the best.
You'll be great. And then I predict that just when you get used to TJ's, you'll get called by the church that you're meant to serve.
ReplyDelete