Or that's what Adam and my father keep telling me.
Some problems:
- an orange side light is broken out
- all 4 hubcaps were stolen 6 years ago, now I have plastic ones
- the bar detailing along the doors is coming unglued
- the cover for the rearview mirror on the driver's side fell off
- there's a hairline crack in my windshield
- and last June, two different mechanics told me I needed a new transmission... everything is still working fine, though!
- all 4 hubcaps were stolen 6 years ago, now I have plastic ones
- the bar detailing along the doors is coming unglued
- the cover for the rearview mirror on the driver's side fell off
- there's a hairline crack in my windshield
- and last June, two different mechanics told me I needed a new transmission... everything is still working fine, though!
I could buy a new Golf, but they're more sporty-slick than I like. I've looked at other cars... last summer, I had a big crush on the Toyota Matrix.
But buying a car isn't a simple exercise. And I'm finding it hard to think about junking my Golf. I keep thinking, wouldn't it be cheaper just to fix all the bumbly parts of my old car? Insurance would stay cheap. And these other cars don't seem as solid and safe as my Golf. Sigh. Too, I've had so much other change in my life this year, maybe I just want my car to stay the same.


It sounds like the last sentence of this post reveals your truest feelings.
ReplyDeletei like your sweet old car!
ReplyDeleteWhat are insurance rates like in Chicago? I loved having cheap insurance on a crappy old car.
ReplyDeleteMrs. C and I love our Toyota Matrix -- 'specially the AWD. You know, for those HARSH winters on the Mid-Atlantic. Actually it just makes me feel like I fit in better with the parishioners. aac
ReplyDelete