
I've taken a week of doing mostly nothing to recover and relax after the chaos of last week and the anxiety fest following. This past weekend, my dad and I went out to western Michigan, where, for the past twenty-five years, my parents have been renting and being caretakers for a cabin called "Grape Vine." It's been a major part of childhood for my brother and me, and going back is always like being a kid again in some way. I didn't get a picture of it. But this is the beach, about 100 feet from the house:

Dad and I went to the grocery store, ate meals, read on the porch, talked about various things, took a three mile walk, and washed windows. I also took a swim! Best thing ever. It was just warm enough not to be painful, and still cold enough to be absolutely BRACING. There was no wind either, so the water was incredibly still - usually I get pummeled around by waves, but I could paddle out over my head easily, just like I was in a big dark swimming pool. Beautiful.
Here's me and dad, in hats... I realize appear to have no lips.

So, I'm feeling less anxious. My friend Heather kindly emailed and reminded me, "unknown change is a b****." But I'm getting a few more "knowns" to hold onto. I had a second interview today for one position, and I have another tomorrow. So, I have some choices, which is great. And I'm going out for gelatto with a neighbor shortly, which should be great.
oh, how lovely! hooray!
ReplyDeletesee you soon... still can't figure out where we'll stay...
is that grand haven?
ReplyDeletebecause it looks like the beach at grand haven.
which is where i grew up, about a mile from that beach.
It's actually near South Haven...
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you have a blog Heidi, so we can keep up with you this summer. We all miss you here in Ohio.... Brad, Katie, Isaiah, and Miriam
ReplyDelete