I don't know why I'm telling you this. I do too many blog entries based on the photos I have sitting around. But that's why I took this photo - I was walking around Hyde Park last week and smelled the clover on the Midway and BAM, I was back with Vanessa Ford and Laura Donohue, making clover chains in 1988.
Summer is coming along. I've had a couple job interviews, as I've said. I have plenty of part-time work here at Seabury to keep me busy, which is a relief. I can probably stay here all summer, if I need to. There's a parish I really like, but their process will take a while, yet. I choose to believe that God has a place for me, and everything will be fine. I'm saying "no" to another parish, and I just need to find the balls to send the email. I worry I'm wrong in my judgments a lot, and I really need to cut it out. Some lessons to be learned from the Heidi who used to turn up her nose at the counselors and make clover chains just because she damn well felt like it.
you've got temerity too. you can do it. send that e-mail.
ReplyDeletethanks for the time.
Turn up your nose -- your eyes naturally go up too. :)
ReplyDeleteI hate those e-mails...
ReplyDeleteHeidi! I Google-d myself to see what popped up, and saw this post- I guess from a year ago. Your picture and blog post totally took me back too :) Thanks! I had forgotten all about our daisy and clover chains, we used to make them by the hour.
ReplyDeleteAnd friendship bracelets, too- I remember going to the notions/sewing shop in Kimbark Plaza on 53rd street and contending with the crotchety old lady who ran it to buy lanyards.
I hope you're well, I'll have to keep reading past 2007 to see where you've landed, but always feel free to look me up vanessaeford@gmail.com I have a tough time remembering to ask God for help when I'm anxious, too, by the way :) Glad I'm not the only one.
-Vanessa