Friday, May 16, 2008

Feverish rantings

I don't understand. I give my body lots of sleep, water... and still, nothing. What do you want from me, o Fever? What else can I give you? I'm just bored of being light-headed, flushed, and overly-warm / chilled all over. My brain is all fizzy.

Tried to go into work today, and succeeded for about an hour. Then I had to come home and get under the covers again. But I lay in bed and 10,000 delirious ideas about church go through my head. I try to watch them and let them go, like the way Zen masters talking about meditation being like watching goldfish swim by or something. You'd think counting goldfish would put me right to sleep, but I made the mistake of drinking coffee this morning, thinking I was better.

Tonight, Adam is putting on a U2charist at the church where he's done his internship. He's been working on it for months. And I'm going, even if I have to sleep on a pew cushion in the back!

Ok, I'm going to try some green tea and a grilled cheese sandwich. More OJ. More water.

1 comment:

  1. aww... just catching up here. sorry you're feeling so lousy. blech. hope you're better now

    ReplyDelete