Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Morning coffee and color

Ok, so I'm addicted to images. Maybe you've noticed, if you've been reading this blog.

And slowly, perhaps, to coffee. I'm amazed how good coffee makes me feel in the morning. Surprisingly, it makes me feel mellow. I have a theory that this is because it reminds me of my mother, who is Scandinavian by birth. Coffee is an intimate activity that brings people together. Even when I'm by myself in the morning, I feel connected and grounded in my cup of coffee. And half-and-half just makes it all the better.

Oh, and I like to look out the window in the morning, to pray and reflect. This is what the view was, not too long ago:
ALL WHITE... it got depressing. But now:

Color! And see the big fat red buds in the maple tree in the foreground? I wish that red and the blue of the river in the back left was brighter.

Ok, I need to go get ready for work.

No comments:

Post a Comment