Some friends came to visit last week, bringing some very strong coffee beans with them. Like I mean, beyond anything you could buy at Starbucks if you asked for it. Boy was that coffee good (Adam didn't like it much). But this is the second day I've had to fight a headache in the morning. No more of that! I'm off coffee entirely until maybe next week.
Cold cold cold is settling in. We watched the sun set through a sky hazy with blowing snow. Now it's dark, and the main road, which I can see from the window, is almost empty. This is unheard of during rush hour! We're all hiding inside to be safe and warm.
When I've lived a life that had more walking in it, winter was less of a burden. Being out in the cold just means you get used to it -- and you get more sun and exercise, too. Alas, this is not much of a possibility in the 'burbs. You can't even walk in the forest preserve without snowshoes (And I gave mine away a couple years ago. Dumb). I do have a dusty pair of backwoods xcountry skis in the closet...
I'm going to make lentil soup. Adam says this will be interesting, because he's never tried a lentil soup he liked, and yet he's never had a soup I've made that he didn't like. Stay posted for results.
No comments:
Post a Comment