Mysteriously, my car has been working just fine. I was sure it would never start again. But then it did! I talked to a couple mechanics. One thought I needed a new clutch assembly. Another listened to my list of misbehaviors and said, "Hmm. None of those things sound related to me. And if it's working again, there's not much we can do to figure out what's wrong." The first mechanic also asked for my husband's phone number, in case there were questions he had that I didn't understand. Not sure I'm going back to that place.
So, we get a little more time to ponder our next step. I like the Honda Fit, and we might go ahead and make an investment in a new or slightly used one before the new year. Although it is going to cut a chunk in our budget! The nice thing about old cars is that they're paid for and they cost less to buy insurance for.
But the tricky thing about old cars is you're never sure just when they might stop working again. Needless to say, we're driving Adam's car to St. Louis tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment