Today I worked at a local organic farm -- the Green Earth Institute -- for a half day. This is the second time I've been -- a parishioner recommended the place to me. I worked on two organic farms in my early twenties, and I've loved small farms every since. It's also interesting to interact with people and talk about religion, but not at church! I never bring up religion, myself, but of course, when people find out what I do, we talk about their spiritual beliefs. I don't mind -- I usually learn something, actually.
Today, I cut spinach, helped wash it and dozens of heads of leaf lettuce, and picked cauliflower and broccoli. I got to take a head of cauliflower home! It's the sweetest cauliflower I've ever tasted -- picked the same day I ate it. Of course, I couldn't quite eat ALL of it! But it was amazing. Can't wait to eat more. And it was great to do something so quantifiable; ministry isn't usually like that.
No comments:
Post a Comment