Monday, November 05, 2007

10 Random Things About Me


I haven't been tagged for a meme in a long time. (I don't even really know what "meme" means or how's it's pronounced -- meem?) I did a similar one to this last April: 6 weird things about me. But heck, there's plenty of weird, random stuff in my life to go around!

1. I used to be able to milk 42 goats in three hours (with an electronic milker!). This was a part-time job while I was the part-time pastor of the Monterey United Church of Christ in western Mass. Rawson Brook Farm still makes the best chevre I've ever had.

2. I don't like sweets very much. I'd rather eat lemon pepper fries, olives, or goat cheese than cookies, cake, or candy bars. I like a little fruit pie, maybe a brownie or tiramisu, sometimes.

3. I'm not very good at finishing books, especially nonfiction. I have like ten books I'm reading all over my apartment, mostly congregational development and new pastor sorts of books recently. I like stories better than information -- but I'm also picky about the kind of novels I read.

4. I should be packing right now, but instead I'm procrastinating with this stupid list. At least I've packed six boxes of books. And I have like fifty collapsed boxes outside my front door that various people have given me (see photo). Including one from my parents that says "Jon's clothes and diapers" from their last move, in 1982. Jon is now twenty-eight.

5. When I was in high school, I saved my babysitting money to buy art at the Hyde Park Art Fair two summers in a row. "Nerd Alert!" as my brother's girlfriend would say. I still have two pieces I bought.

6. I'd rather drink water at room temperature than cold or with ice in it.

7. My favorite season is winter, because everything is so quiet and still. And I like wearing sweaters and hats. Cozy.

8. I don't have an iPod. I can't decide if I would use it if I did -- I'm stuck in the 90s with my CDs.

9. I can't stay awake much past 10pm ... I just start to fall asleep. But I can wake up at 6am no problem. Although waking up when's it dark outside these days is hard.

10. I think Swiss Chard is pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I have a really cheap mp3 player, and it's saved me from ipod. The truth is I don't use it that much. You could probably get an inexpensive one that would hold a 100 of your favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete