I didn't say anything about something, and all the news outlets haven't really mentioned anything else. So, I don't want to seem as though I'm avoiding it. Yes, we have a nominee who is living in a same-sex relationship. And I wish we didn't have to live in a world where that was what made CNN, or upset people who don't know her. Because she's also a phenomenal priest and dean. And a faithful, devoted Christian. And not the only nominee for the next Bishop of Chicago.
There is a positive side to having CNN announce that a lesbian in a same-sex relationship is one of the nominees for the Bishop of Chicago: it says that there is a place that welcomes and accepts, there is a place that looks beyond sexual orientation and looks at the merit of the person, it brings hope to a community often demonized.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete